Bradley A. Town wrote:

>Ralf Junker wrote:
>
>> This alerts me to a potential danger for SQLite managers which must rely on
>> some means to retrieve THE RowID which uniquely identifies a record for
>> in-grid table editing. If the "RowID" name can be hijacked by other columns
>> and given another purpose, it poses the danger that wrong wrong columns are
>> updated and data is corrupted.
>>
>> How can I access the "RowID" given the above table declaration? I know about
>> the "OID" and "_ROWID_" synonyms, but searching the documentation I find
>> that they, too, can be used by other columns.
>>
>> I can therefore not see any non-ambiguous, reserved column name or API call
>> to retrieve the implicit RowID value in such cases, especially if no primary
>> key has been set like in the above schema.
>>
>> Any thoughts, especially from the SQLite developers?
>>
>> Thanks, Ralf
>>
>Creating another thread for this to avoid thread hijacking.

Thanks, I did not mean to hijack the thread.

But thinking more about hijacking "RowID" I am glad this is now a separate
thread. Lack of a reseverd "RowID" column name to guarantee unambiguous record
operations by general SQLite tools is a potential thread to data security IMO.

I would very much appreciate if this could be addressed in a future version of
SQLite!

Ralf