On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 10:01 AM, D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Let me strongly reiterate that you look into using the new R-Tree
> virtual table available for SQLite.  R-Trees are specifically designed
> to do exactly the kind of query you are asking to do.  See
>
>     http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/fileview?f=sqlite/ext/rtree/README&v=1.2

The README contains this text:

     CREATE VIRTUAL TABLE <name> USING rtree(<column-names>)

    For example:

      CREATE VIRTUAL TABLE boxes USING rtree(boxno, xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax);
      CREATE VIRTUAL TABLE boxes USING rtree(1, 1.0, 3.0, 2.0, 4.0);

Is that last line supposed to be
  INSERT INTO boxes VALUES (1, 1.0, 3.0, 2.0, 4.0);
?