Greetings Steve,

On 6/9/08, Stephen Woodbridge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I was reading through the sqlite source and noticed that there appears
>  to be an ability to build and extension that is statically linked and
>  autoloaded, but I can not find any details on how to do this.
>
>  For example, if I want to build an application that uses the rtree
>  extension on Linux, how would I compile and link link it and get it
>  autoloaded.
>
>  For a simple example, maybe just an explanation of how to do this for
>  the sqlite3 shell would suffice. It makes it much simpler to statically
>  link these into the application when you want to deploy it, because
>  there are less files and paths and things that can go wrong if the user
>  messes with things and since it is a dedicated application it will
>  always need the extension.
>
>  If this is already documented somewhere, please just point to it.

I am far from qualified to answer this, but look at the documentation
I wrote up on compiling FTS3 with an older version of SQLite.

http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=CompilingFts

Of course, the above is superseded by
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=CompilingFtsThree as well as the
fact that including FTS3 is just a matter of flipping a switch in the
Makefile.

When you figure out how to enable rtree, specifically in the
DBD::SQLite codebase as well, please do add your knowledge to the
wiki.

--
Puneet Kishor