> Well, if I epxlicitly run DELETE and then INSERT, would you also expect
> an UPDATE trigger to run? After all, "on the whole" the operation is an
> update.

Oh!! May be I was wrong in thinking that INSERT OR REPLACE would keep the
PRIMARY KEY as it is..

Am a stupid guy..

Thanks Igor for your valuable time,

Bharath

On 6/16/08 6:39 PM, "Igor Tandetnik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Bharath Booshan L"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
> message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> IF INSERT OR REPLACE statement performs REPLACE operation, then again
>> insert_trigger is being invoked, which as per the documentation ( i.e
>> it
>> actually performs DELETE and INSERT) is fine.
>>
>> Am I wrong in expecting that INSERT OR REPLACE should trigger
>> update_trigger
>
> Yes. Didn't you just explain why it doesn't happen?
>
>> when on the whole the operation performed is actually an UPDATE?
>
> Well, if I epxlicitly run DELETE and then INSERT, would you also expect
> an UPDATE trigger to run? After all, "on the whole" the operation is an
> update.
>
> Igor Tandetnik

Robosoft Technologies - Come home to Technology

Disclaimer: This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an
intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Emails to
and from our network may be logged and monitored. This email and its
attachments are scanned for virus by our scanners and are believed to be safe.
However, no warranty is given that this email is free of malicious content or
virus.