On Jun 18, 2008, at 5:38 PM, Andrea Connell wrote:

> I'm trying to compile 3.5.9 on an HP-UX 11i v1 machine but I can't get
> past step one...
>
> I unpacked the amalgamation, cd'd to the directory, and ran
> './configure' - that didn't work so I tried 'sh ./configure' like the
> install instructions suggest. I got a syntax error right away.
>
> ~/sqlite/sqlite-amalgamation-3.5.9.tar/sqlite-amalgamation-3.5.9
> lacpghp1> ./configure
> interpreter "/bin/sh" not found

A system without /bin/sh hardly qualifies as Unix, does it?

Looks like you are going to need to compile it yourself.  Ignore the
configure script.  Just type something like this:

      cc -o sqlite3 -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=0 -
DSQLITE_OMIT_LOAD_EXTENSION=1 sqlite3.c shell.c

You might need to add some "-l..." arguments on the end to specify
libraries, but perhaps not.  The -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=0 eliminates the
needs for pthreads and -DSQLITE_OMIT_LOAD_EXTENSION=1 removes the
requirement for dlopen, and on most systems those are the only two
libraries required.  But if your system doesn't have a Bourne shell,
who knows what other peccadillos lurk around the next corner...

D. Richard Hipp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]