Hi,

I have a PHP script that I run in Terminal under OS X, which opens an sqlite db
and works on it. Trouble is, if the db doesn't exist then the PHP library
silently creates an empty db with the given name. Given this, I need to detect
that the empty db has
been created, delete it, and exit.

As a work around I thought I might check that the newly opened db has no
tables, and clean up if so. My question is, what query can I make of the db to
determine that it has no tables? I couldn't find one (or perhaps I don't know
SQL well enough). If I
run sqlite3 I can give it the .tables command - I suppose I could have a call
to this module from my script, but I'd prefer to avoid that. Alternatively is
then another approach?

Thanks,

-- Tim