> So, indeed, there's room for improvement!

Thanks for looking into it, I'm interested in your results. That said, I
still believe that the best way would be to make the current FTS
implementation independent of the VIRTUAL TABLE structure, but be able to
accept more general structures, namely ordinary SQLite tables. The reasons
were mentioned in my last e-mail, one of them was that if I have a field in
FTS table, it can't be indexed (using ordinary SQLite index, not only FTS),
which is sometimes desirable (see Path field in my Songs table example).

Jiri