hello all sqlite users,

I'm glad I can announce new stable version of Sqliteman - the GUI for
developers and admins:
http://sqliteman.com/

Sqliteman introduction:
http://sqliteman.com/index.php/page/2.html

Your oppinions and suggestions are welcomed.

all the best
Petr Vanek

P.S.: the full announcement follows

Full release notes:

The best developer's and/or admin's GUI tool for Sqlite3
databases in the world. No joking here (or just a bit
only) - it contains the most complette feature set of
all tools available.

Sqliteman is real multiplatform software - it's reported
to be run on Linux, MS Windows, MacOS, *BSD and more natively.

1.2.0 approaches after ten months of development, testing,
and using the previously released 1.0.x and SVN snapshot
versions. I'd like to send a big kudo to all people
involved in this era. You know who you are.

Sourceforge.net contains only the source code and Windows/Mac
binaries. Packaging of Sqliteman for your distribution is on
your software vendor. But there are some packages prepared
for you already (see below).

Windows Big Fat Note: Setup package will install Sqliteman
into system via installer. Plain zip file can be unpacked
anywhere and run without any installation. Yet Another

Another Note for MS Windows users: I do not use MS Windows
extensively. If you are facing with any problem let me know
to get it working.

Project homepage: http://sqliteman.com
Feature requests and bugs: http://sqliteman.com/bugtracker
Source code, MS Windows and MacOS binaries:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqliteman/
Suse and Fedora packages URL:
http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/subik/

And what about future?

The development won't stop. Maybe it will be slower a little
bit now just because Sqliteman can handle what I need from
this software. Anyway there are some plans how to improve
it more.

You can speed up your requests with your patches or e.g. technical
(hardware/software) or financial support. See "Support development"

Changes:
* Features:
  - full ALTER TABLE support (by step-by-step scripting)
  - extended Preferences for SQL Editor, Data Viewer and application startup
  - database PRAGMAs handling
  - implemented so called Table Populator (create testing data)
  - data export/import
  - complete user documentation
  - BLOBs handling: load/save/show size
  - real NULL values handling
  - extended direct tables content editation

* Look and Feel
  - new professionally designed icon
  - ability to integrate with KDE4 themes
  - updated translations

* Internals:
  - bugfixes
  - internal SQL parser is rewritten (merged with TOra code)
  - new SQL text editor (QScintilla based one)
  - Sqliteman can be used with Qt 4.2.x but the 4.3.x or later is stronlgy
recomended.