On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Derek Developer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well that implies that the "parsing" decrypts each page in the database for
> each query. How else would it traverse a key that is encypted?
>
> Isn't that going to be very slow?

Are you thinking it needs to decrypt the entire database for each
query?  If so - that's not the case.  XTS (or some method like it) is
used, where each page can be decrypted by itself so you end up with
the exact same amount of I/O as a non-encrypted DB.

--
Cory Nelson