On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 10:44 AM, D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > As a bonus, if the implementation of SQLite changes, SQL itself won't,
> > so id will _still_ be a valid integer primary key, even if the
> > implementation detail of rowid changes.
>
> I promise that INTEGER PRIMARY KEY will always be an alias for the
> rowid in SQLite.  This will not change.

I recall there was an issue a while back where the rowid of a record could
change if the table was vacuumed and it did not have an explicit INTEGER
PRIMARY KEY field.  If that's still (or ever was, assuming I'm remembering
correctly) the case, then having an explicit INTEGER PRIMARY KEY is
important if you want to reference the single-field rowid (by whatever name)
and assume it won't change over the life of the record.

Derrell