On Sep 10, 2008, at 2:09 PM, Mohit Sindhwani wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm new to the list and would like to start by saying hello!  So,
> hello!
>
> I've been using SQLite3 for a while though to be honest, it's been
> more
> of a data store rather than a dynamic database in my applications this
> far.  I'm now starting on something where my needs are as such:
> * Store 70,000 records in one table in the database
> * Based on a list from the user, extract up to 3,000 records from the
> table (1 common field)
> * Use the 3,000 records for calculations, etc.
> * Support concurrency of up to 10 such operations

Your description implies that database is read-only.  Is this
correct?  If so, then concurrency will not be a problem since SQLite
supports as many simultaneous readers as you like.  Only writers need
to be serialized.

If you create a TEMP table to hold the 3000 selected records then do:

     INSERT INTO temptab SELECT * FROM maintab WHERE ...;

You can then do your computations on the temporary table without even
interfering with writers on the main table.

D. Richard Hipp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]