I lost my note on what I did to make this work.  I've rearranged my
computers for work and installed sqlite3 on Ubuntu.  When I installed
sqlite3, I did ./configure --disable-shared. When I recompile my working
code on the new machine:
gcc -static -L/usr/local/lib -I/usr/local/include mycode.o -lsqlite3
-ldl -lpthread -o mycode
the code compiles and runs on a server but the compiler gives the
warning "Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires the
shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking".  It doesn't
do that on the old one but I remember having this issue.  I just don't
recall how to solve it.  A little help would be appreciated.