On 9/22/08, BareFeet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > hmmmm... I understood DRH's statement as "no, it can't be enabled by
>  > default in the source because that flag works only for Macs and it
>  > causes breakage on other platforms." Unless, he started providing
>  > platform specific code tarballs
>

> I wouldn't expect it to require multiple code versions, just one
>  version that sets the locking flag according to what platform it's on.
>  ie if platform == 'Mac' then SQLITE_ENABLE_LOCKING_STYLE = 1
>
>  Surely it's that easy? No?

Right, does sound easy. But what if I am on a Mac (which I am), but
don't want network shares support (which I don't, well, not because I
have anything against it, but I just don't need it) in case it comes
with some side-effects?

I don't know... I am assuming he has some wise reasons for not making
that special case a default. He seems like a very conservative guy
when it comes to fixing what ain't broken.

Still, you have a point, and maybe DRH will expound and enlighten us
on his reticence to enable locking style equal to one.

Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) http://www.osgeo.org/