I think that the problem is with your understanding of what the
.databases command does. I could be mistaken, but I thought is only
listed attached databases. It is not a command to search for possible
databases that may exist on your file system.

So when you use the command:

sqlite3 foo.db

This command connects to the file foo.db in the current working
directory. Here is an example:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/work/navteq-tools$ sqlite3 nt2rgeo-sqlite.db
> SQLite version 3.6.0
> Enter ".help" for instructions
> Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
> sqlite> .databases
> seq  name             file
> 0    main             /home/woodbri/work/navteq-tools/nt2rgeo-sqlite.db
> sqlite>

If you want to attache other databases to the process you should read
the SQLite SQL Syntax doc on the web site.

http://www.sqlite.org/lang_attach.html

After you have attached more they will show up here.

-Steve