>> access ... dll from PowerShell ... PowerShell docs
>
> the procedure given there is to register the dll with installutil.

The use of the word "register" implies to me that they might be
assuming a COM dll or .NET com visible assembly.  I don't believe the
SQLITE3.DLL qualifies as either. :)  As well, as far as I know,
InstallUtil is only capable of installing assemblies that have been
designed to be installed that way.  It's not effective for original
style DLLs.

You might try revisiting the use of one of the .NET providers by
installing it in the GAC, or perhaps even using REGASM.  For those,
though, I will repeat the need for asking on the forums dedicated to
those products.  If you want a robust, well supported one, Robert
Simpson's ADO.NET provider, hosted at http://sqlite.phxsoftware.com,
is excellent.  I've used it in a number of programs, and it works
quite well.

Since PowerShell is highly .NET aware, using a provider designed for
that platform seems more likely to result in success than using a
plain dll.  Installed into the GAC, I suspect that provider would work
quite well under PowerShell.

> What I'm wondering is, am I the only one who wants to use SQLite together
> with Powershell?

Starting to look that way, isn't it?

Brad