Hi Clodo,

I believe Sqlite uses B-trees, unless one links in the R-tree module or
uses the FTS feature (Full Text Search).

I believe you wrote earlier that the new "INDEXED BY" feature solved
your problem, but you saw something in the documentation that dissuaded
you.  Do you mind saying just what it was that seemed problematic?

To mention a variation of  MikeW's suggestion, since you tend to have
millions of records, with often only a few requiring an update, you
might want to keep a small table containing only the record numbers of
the rows that need updating.  The increase in disk space sounds like it
would be minimal.