John,

thanks for your suggestions, but i am wondering if any of your
suggestions can be applied to the sqlite3.exe command line application?

> Prepare your statements only once and then use bind.  Do not use

How is this done? Can the command line executable be modified in such a way?

> sqlite3_exec.  Do not open and close the DB for each read, instead open
> once and let the cache work.
That´s already done.
> Avoid row scans by defining indices.
Already there.
>  Use
> the new index selection functionality to force the use of the best
Would you care to provide more information about this? A simple link
would be enough.

> Place large and less frequently accessed columns at the end of
> the Sqlite rows.

Ok, thanks. Will do. However, i read out the whole row all the time.
BTW, does it help to specify which coloumns i would like instead of all?
I would like to get all minus one coloumn in general.
> When you obey these rules you will get very good read perfprmance from
> Sqlite.  The cacheing is important if you are using a slow disk or flash
> memory.  Look at shared cache mode if you have multiple users
Nope, just one from DVD.

Thanks again,

--
Christophe Leske

www.multimedial.de - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.linkedin.com/in/multimedial
Lessingstr. 5 - 40227 Duesseldorf - Germany
0211 261 32 12 - 0177 249 70 31