Hi all,

the ICU project is a very powerful tool to handle codepages, and also
supports regular expressions (using a class named "RegexMatcher", see
http://icu-project.org/apiref/icu4c/classRegexMatcher.html).
So, it should be relatively easy to replace the like() - function in
sqlite (see http://www.sqlite.org/lang_corefunc.html#like and
http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/create_function.html)

Martin

Igor Tandetnik wrote:
> "Thomas Mittelstaedt"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
> message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>> Just did a search on my database using
>> SELECT * FROM ku2008 where "Empfaenger 1" like '%köck%';
>>
>> and nothing was found. Doing a SELECT * FROM ku2008 where "Empfaenger
>> 1" like '%kÖck%'; with the capital umlaut did find the record.
>>

> http://sqlite.org/lang_expr.html
>
> "SQLite only understands upper/lower case for 7-bit Latin characters.
> Hence the LIKE operator is case sensitive for 8-bit iso8859 characters
> or UTF-8 characters. For example, the expression 'a' LIKE 'A' is TRUE
> but 'æ' LIKE 'Æ' is FALSE."
>
> Apparently, it's possible to integrate SQLite with ICU
> (http://icu-project.org/) to support properly localized collation and
> case folding. I don't know the details, hopefully someone more
> knowledgeable will chime in.
>
> Igor Tandetnik

* Codeswift GmbH *
Traunstr. 30