Okay I updated to version 3.6.6.2 and now I am only seeing "PRAGMA
main.journal_mode = OFF;"
not work with my custom defined OS ( when I switch to windows it works )

I should note that I changed sqlite3.c to sqlite3.cpp and got the
amalgamation to compile in C++
I also defined SQLITE_OS_OTHER and wrote my own functions for
sqlite3_io_methods and sqlite3_vfs

Is there anything else I would need to do that's OS specific to get the
"PRAGMA main.journal_mode = OFF;" to work if I define my own OS like I have?