-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Griggs, Donald
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 3:51 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] SQLite performance woe

Hi again, Daniel,

So I guess you're still having certain queries that take about 200x
longer than with your custom code, right?

There's nothing magical about sqlite, so it's not surprizing that code
customized for an application can outperform a generalized sql engine,
but a factor of 200 does seems pretty large.

If it's neither especially proprietary nor private, I'd again urge you
to post here your schema (and repost the slow queries).

You can dump this easily using the command-line utility program, e.g.:

     sqlite3 myDatabase.db
     .output mySchema
     .schema
     .quit

The schema should then be in the file "mySchema"

If the database itself is not too private, you may want to compress it
(with something like 7zip) and upload it somewhere on the web and
provide a link to it.