Simon de Hartog wrote:
> SQLite has a feature called Manifest typing. As with many features of
> software I run, I wonder whether this feature can be disabled. I prefer
> to use static typing in my databases to prevent stored values not being
> what my code (C++) expects them to be. So in short: is it possible to
> use static typing instead of manifest typing in SQLite?
If you access the database strictly through your software, this is
trivially easy if you are using a strongly typed language like Pascal or
C.  Simply force the data to be of the appropriate type in your program
and it will be stored as the appropriate type in your database.

If you are allowing direct access to the database via SQL, you can
probably assume that any user smart enough to write their own
insert/update queries can probably also work out the correct data
types.  If not, you may wish to reconsider allowing direct SQL access.

Clay