Hi all,

I'm using sqlite3_create_function() to create an sql function,  and in
the implementation of the sql function calling sqlite3_result_error()
and sqlite3_result_error_code().

The value set with sqlite3_result_error_code() immediately appears as
the return code from sqlite3_step() and is available as the return value
from sqlite3_errcode() as soon as sqlite3_step returns. which is good.

The problem is the value set with sqlite3_result_error() is not
retrievable using sqlite3_errmsg() until after sqlite3_finalize() or
sqlite3_reset() is called.

Here's an example : http://pastie.org/352677
download as text  : http://pastie.org/352677.txt

Output from when I run it:

  SQLite Version: 3.6.7
  Writting error msg 'This is an error' and error_code 42 to context
  Return code from sqlite3_step      : 42
  Before finalizing error code is    : 42
  Before finalizing error message is : unknown error
  Return value from sqlite3_finalize : 42
  After finalizing errcode is        : 42
  After finalizing error message is  : This is an error

Am I mistaken in thinking that the error message set in the
implementation of an sql function should be available at the same time as
the error code?

Is this a bug?

enjoy,

-jeremy