"Sherief N. Farouk" <sher...@mganin.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:000301c97e09$2556f0f0$7004d2...@com...
> > dear users
> > I use sqlite for vb6, utf-8 database,
> > when insert arabic data to database
> > and search it with 'like' operator
> > (within % syntax), return all records!!!
> > Please help me...
> > thanks

I'm somehow missing the original message,
so I'll reply here:

Regarding VB6 - you could try out my
wrapper (either the older dhSQLite or the
newer version which comes in dhRichClient.dll)

These VB6-based COM-Wrappers already contain
appropriate Overrides for the Like-function,
Upper(), Lower() and also the NoCase-Collation,
where under the hood a fast UTF8->UCS2-BSTR-
conversion is done - also included is an optimization
for the overriden Like with regards to the usage of
a predefined index for Like-queries of the form:
SomeField Like 'abc%'.

So normally that should work with no problems.

Regards

Olaf Schmidt