Hi Devs,

This is not really a "bug-report", but I want to
mention it nonetheless, since engine-crashes are
probably not what should be left unhandled, regardless
if the user tries to use the engine in an undefined-mode.

Let me explain:

Background:
Platform Windows.
StdCall-compile of the original "amalgamation".
COM-Wrapper "on top".
Crashes with each of the newer versions (3.6.9
and 3.6.10) - so, yes - the whole thing is probably
related to the changes in the internal transaction-
support of the engine.

A user reported "full crashes" in a larger "copy-
over-scenario" from another DB (FireBird).

Switching back to the former engine 3.6.7
was working Ok.

Finally the cause was a "left-over" switch, somewhere
hidden in an Ini-File, which was introduced regarding
"performance tuning" (together with switches for the
different SyncModes and different PageSizes).

This forgotten switch was causing a JournalMode = Off.

Later on Transactions were used inside the Copy-over-
process from FireBird.

And that is, what I mean with "undefined mode" -
Journal-Mode=Off and nonetheless "transactions
on top" were somehow tolerated by the older
engines < 3.6.9 - but the newer engines are not
tolerating that anymore (and cause a crash).

The transactions in question were used with the
"older" standard-syntax (Begin Immediate, etc.)
and not with the new introduced SavePointName-
syntax.

Regards,

Olaf