Hi,

I searched a little bit with google but I could not find any code or
extensions to compress an SQLite database on the fly. Is this possible?

I use SQLite to store a database engine with images and HTML code. I
already use zlib to compress the data itself (i.e. the images and the
HTML data). But my problem is that I also need a lot of meta tables and
also a fulltext index. The fulltext index is about 50 MB itself! I can't
compress these tables because the columns are all INTEGERS and small
VARCHARs. In total, my SQLite database is about 100MB. Very, very huge.

If I compress it using WinZIP or gzip, I get a size of just 50MB (a
half!) although the html data/images were already compressed!

It seems that compressing an SQLite database is very efficient. Is there
any way to compress/decompress a whole database on the fly ?

Thank you,
Luke