Greetings and salutations...

I am having a problem with an specific UPDATE.  One of the functions of my
program is to capture all of the files in a directory so that one can search
on a file name and find out where that file is quickly.  This is working
perfectly, until there is a file that has a single quote (') in its name.
Say a directory has these three files:

1. filename0.txt
2. filename1.txt
3. filename'3.txt
4. filename4.txt

my update string is this,

BEGIN;

UPDATE LSOpenProjects SET
     Xtra0 = '',
... some other settings working ok ...
     Xtra3 = '
filename0.txt
filename1.txt
filename''3.txt
filename4.txt
',
     Xtra4 = '',
     Xtra5 = '',
     Xtra6 = '',
     Xtra7 = '',
     Xtra8 = '0.00',
     Xtra9 = '',
     XtraA = '',
     XtraB = '',
     XtraC = '',
     XtraD = '',
     XtraE = '',
     XtraF = '' WHERE id = 3487;
COMMIT;

The column in question is Xtra3.  If I rename that file to NOT contain the
single quote, the UPDATE works.  Also, I add a newline (\n) to the beginning
of the first filename and a new line after every filename.

Any ideas?

thanks,

josé