> Consider replacing this query with a programmatic loop using blob API:
>
> http://sqlite.org/c3ref/blob_open.html
>
> or simply running a query like this:
>
> SELECT bin_content FROM FILE_CONTENT WHERE id = ?;
>
> with a new Id on every loop iteration.
>
> Igor Tandetnik

Thank you for the pointers. It looks like both options require me to
implement the loop within C. So is it true that running this loop inside C
would be faster than SQLite? Or, is

SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE id in (1,2,3);

slower than three times of:

SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE id = ?;

?

>From what I understand, the only difference is the
number-to-string-to-number conversion. Are there any other factors? In
general, should I always keep the query string short, regardless of the fact
that it's "an easy query"? I only begin to worry because the query string
can be up to 5KB, or even 20KB if the user continues to use the program. Is
that too long for the engine to perform good?

Thanks again!

Best regards,
He Shiming