Hello,

I'm trying out Sqlite3 with an eye to improving the performance of
queries on an existing MySQL database.

I've imported the data into sqlite which is approx. 30 million rows of
part numbers each with a price.

So far, it's approx. four times slower than the MySQL version, and the
size of the sqlite database is too big to fit in memory (several GB)
whereas I can get the MySQL data down to 900MB if it's compressed and
read only.

I would appreciate some tips or pointers on getting sqlite3 performance
up and the data size down. I googled but couldn't find much.

I don't need concurrency or inserts, it's single user, read only.

TIA

kimb