BTW, I'm running SUSE in a VMware 6.5 VM with 1 processor and 512MB of
memory.  With the VM running, I have two xterms open (one to compile/run the
program and one to check the status of sqlite3 records) along with gedit to
edit the program.  Thus, I'm nowhere near my memory limits.

I'm thinking that something is causing the pointer to movie_titles to get
hammered.  The likely candidates are VMware 6.5 (not likely), SUSE 10.3 (not
likely), or sqlite3 (unknown).

The size of the full 525 record database is 37888k.  So this is a tiny
database.  The executable for the complete program is only 19182k.  Again,
really small.

The only reference, other than the documentation on the sqlite3.org site is
"The Definitive Guide to SQLite" by Michael Owens.  This is a relatively old
text and there don't seem to be any current texts out there.

Again - THANKS!

Nick.