I've been looking into the full text search capabilities of SQLite and it
looks like exactly what I need.  Cool stuff, especially in the confines of
all the other great features of SQLite.

The question is if I could put formatted text in a text field, and not have
that show up in a full text search..  I would be fine with basic tags, and
would also be fine limiting it to only open and close, as in:

<tag> </tag>

and not use the somewhat shorter format (as appropriate) of <tag />.  That
is, if it makes it any easier.

I have done some testing, (not surprisingly) and fts will return the text in
the tag.  Actually, I would probably be surprised if it did not, after-all
that is what it is doing.  I was wondering if there is anyway to manually
remove tags from the virtual table somehow (maybe remove some rows from
*table*_content, *table*_segdir, or *table*_segments).  Alas, I looked into
the content of those tables, and there is nothing too obvious that I could
see to be done from just peering into them.

If anybody has some ideas on this, it would be great.  I could always
provide formatting by having another table which would match up that
document, along with a formatting code and the starting and ending character
it applies to.  That does get more complicated, especially when preparing
the text.  I would really prefer having the tags intermixed with the text,
that is if I can prevent them from being in the full text search.

Any ideas would be loved.

Cheers,
Paul