> From: "Igor Tandetnik" <itandet...@mvps.org>
> You could convert your file name from UTF-16 to UTF-8, then
> call sqlite3_open_v2.

Converting the file name is no problem. But I thought that depending on how you
opened the database (open16 versus open_v2), SQL treats your strings
differently. I don't care about the encoding used to pass the filename, I care
about the strings in my table rows.

Or does the encoding for the file name used to open the database not matter to
subsequent SQLite SQL statements? Can I mix and match UTF-8 and UTF-16 in a
table or across multiple tables?

> See PRAGMA user_version
> (http://sqlite.org/pragma.html#version) - it's
> designed specifically to do this sort of thing.

Yes I see, thank you very much. This is exactly what I am already trying to
with my VERSION table.