You'll get this if you have a database with an active journal
(incomplete transactions) and you don't have write access to the
database.  In other words, the database needs a rollback from some
prior operations done under a different userid, but now you don't have
write access to do the rollback.

To me, it should be a permission error instead, to make it clear
what's going on.

Jim

On 4/11/09, Alberto Simões <hashas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
> I am getting disk I/O error with:
>
> [a...@search1 align]$ du -hs T.3.sqlite
> 122M  T.3.sqlite
> [a...@search1 align]$ sqlite3 T.3.sqlite
> SQLite version 3.6.6
> Enter ".help" for instructions
> Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
> sqlite> .schema
> CREATE TABLE trigrams (w1,w2,w3,occs);
> CREATE INDEX idxT3w1 ON trigrams (w1);
> sqlite> CREATE INDEX idxT3w2 ON trigrams (w2);
> SQL error: disk I/O error
> sqlite> [a...@search1 align]$ df -h .
> /dev/sdc1             148G   42G  100G  30% /export3
> [a...@search1 align]$
>
> I tried to get I/O errors with other commands (for instance, yes > _)
> but couldn't get any error.
>
> Any hint on what I can check to discover the problem?
> Thank you
> Alberto
>
> --
> Alberto Simões