From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of Marcus Grimm
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 7:21 PM
To: 'General Discussion of SQLite Database'
Subject: Re: [sqlite] step() fails with SQLITE_BUSY after BEGIN
EXCLUSIVETRANSACTION

Mario,

I'm sorry but I'm running out of ideas... I can only repeat that sqlite
works well with this kind of approach.
I'm using it in a database server without a problem so far and there I use
the exclusive mode to block the threads.
However, when I started using sqlite for this I also run into this kind of
problems but all of them where related to bug and missusage of some sqlite
api functions. I also was lost in one case and decided to build a little
test-code that reflects my implementation-style and allmost immediately I
got the right tip by the mailing list. The result can be seen
here: http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SampleCode

I still suggest, if nothing else helps, that you try to make an extraction
of your implementation, as simple as possible, and if this still blocks
after a thread has obtained the exclusive lock you may post it here and I'm
sure you will get a quick reply about what's wrong...

Marcus