On Apr 17, 2009, at 2:53 PM, manohar s wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am getting this error:
>
> sqlite3.h:1757: parse error before string constant
>
> Whenever I am including the static sqlite library in my c++ app.
> This is
> happening with recent release 3.6.13. Earlier I never experienced any
> problem. In that line in the header file,  This function is present:
>
> void sqlite3_randomness(int N, void *P);
>
> Strangely I am able to compile successfully if I comment out this
> line!
>
> 1) Am I doing anything wrong here?
> 2) Is it safe to comment this out?

No, it is not safe to comment this line out. You need to fix the
problem, not just ameliorate the symptoms.

Perhaps you have a line such as one of these:

      #define P "something"
      #define N "something"

Somewhere in one of your header files prior to the point where you
#include "sqlite3.h"?

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com