s.breith...@staubli.com wrote:
> Now I noticed that the speed of selects are much faster with fields
> that are indexed

Well, that's pretty much the point of having an index in the first
place. Why do you find this fact surprising?

> I´ve read that only one index is used per where (I think join is
> nothing
> else here)

No - one index per table. SQLite could use as many indexes as tables
mentioned in the FROM clause.

> The questions:
> Does it mean only one index can be used per join or one index for each
> table of the join?

One for each table.

> Does the output mean, that the query runs over the fast index and
> there is
> nothing to improve (as long
> as I use the database always in that way) or does it just explain
> that one
> index is used?

I don't understand this question.

> Or in other words, does this print mean that I use the database in
> perfect
> way (speaking only of indexes):
> 0|0|TABLE ActiveError AS AE USING PRIMARY KEY ORDER BY
> 1|1|TABLE ErrorDefinition AS ED USING PRIMARY KEY
> 2|2|TABLE ErrorGroupDefinition AS EG1 USING PRIMARY KEY
> 3|3|TABLE ErrorGroupDefinition AS EG2 USING PRIMARY KEY

Well, it's hard to prove that there's absolutely no better way to
execute a query - especially since you don't actually show the query in
question, nor the definition of tables involved.

Igor Tandetnik