So yes the hard disk is shared. I tried to even load the database in memory.
It is still horribly slow. I want to understand this. If I load the database
in memory how can I make the memory sharable among 100 processes. I am
running in quad core environement. So my goal here is to load the database
in memory, each process will open read only connection to it and execute the
select operations. For doing 10000 slect operations a single process was
taking 1 second and when 100 process was running each took 10+ seconds. What
are the ways to share the database among all the processes in memory. I hope
some shared memory approach is used here. But what I see is unless I
recreate all the tables individually for each process the memory sharing
doesnt happen. Please help me out here