D. Richard Hipp wrote:
> On May 27, 2009, at 9:36 AM, Maurí cio wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I see that in most functions strings are typed as
>>
>>     char *
>>
>> while in 'sqlite_column_text' and 'sqlite_value_text'
>> they are typed as
>>
>>     unsigned char *
>>

> That was just bad design on my part.  I don't know what I was thinking
> when I did that.  It has been a pain for everyone to deal with ever
> since.  But we cannot change it now without breaking compatibility.
>
> On the other hand, as long as you use the characters as characters and
> not as integers, does it really matter if they are signed or
> unsigned?  Just cast the result to whatever you need and it will work.

Richard,

Do you have a list of such changes that should be implemented in the
next breaking release of SQLite?

I'm thinking of things like renaming the _v2 API functions (in
particular prepare_v2) to drop the suffix, and changing the name of the
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP default value to CURRENT_DATETIME so that
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP can be used for an julian day number, etc.

Dennis Cote