A good tool ltries to be "bette"r, not "easier".  Libraries compiled
from C are compatible with C++.  In general optimization is better with
C compilers and the support libraries are more compact and effcient.
Producing Sqlite in well written and documented ANSI C was a very sound
decision.

If you want to incorporate Sqlite in a C++ environment use C++ wrappers
for the API calls.

Sylvain Pointeau wrote:
> ... because I experienced C++ to be easier with the classes and resource
> management via the destructor.I was just wondering why C++ is not used?
>
> was it for a performance issue?
> or a compiler issue?
> or anything else?
>
> I just read the Linus Torvalds comment on the C++ for Git....
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers,
> Sylvain
>
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 6:16 PM, John Stanton <jo...@viacognis.com> wrote:
>

>> Why wuld you want to do such a thing?
>>
>> Sylvain Pointeau wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I would like to know if someone already though about to introduce C++ in
>>> SQLite?
>>> I just think about a minimal subset of C++ that will not make any
>>> performance penalty
>>> (like C with classes)
>>>
>>> is it a performance issue?
>>> is it a deployment/compiler issue?
>>> or any issue?
>>>
>>> Please don't make any aggressive reply, I am a very nice guy :-)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Sylvain