On 12/06/2009 11:14 AM, dbcor...@rockwellcollins.com wrote:
> I receive erroneous data when I try to populate a table using data from
> another table: Here is how!
>
> I have TABLE A (that has IDs of INTEGER, Seats as INTEGER, and so forth)
>
> I want to take this master table and in essence transfer the data I only
> need into
> another table called TABLE B (say it only has IDs of INTEGER)
>
> To do this I do the following
> INSERT INTO TABLE B SELECT DISTINCT Content_ID from TABLE A
>
> unfortunately numbers like
>
> 854459, 854477,
> 900499, 900517,
> 905209, 905227,
>
> will produce float results of 854459.000000001, 854477.000000001, etc.
> but the neighboring numbers stay intact and do not produce a float value.

[snip]

You are likely to get better responses faster if you post a small script
(preferably language agnostic e.g. for the command-line sqlite3 program)
that reproduces what you describe. Also what version of sqlite3? binary
download or home-made (if so, how?)?, what platform are you running this
on? what mechanism are you using that inspects table_B and finds values
like 854459.000000001? is this finding corroborated by any other mechanism?

But before you start that, try this simple query; it might give us a
clue as to what the problem is:

select typeof(Content_ID), count(*)
from table_A
group by typeof(Content_ID);