Hi,

Having spent "some" time trying to have this function work with dll
extensions, I've come to the [I hope 'wrong'] conclusion that it's
unusable in such case.  Indeed, the docs mentions "statically linked
extension".  Can someone confirm it won't auto load extensions when
they reside in dll(s)?

I find this very unfortunate because, as I already said in an previous
message that nobody answered, this leaves users of third-party database
managers in the mud, to keep it polite.

The rationale behind the design choice seems a little backward to
me.  Again I would like to be wrong but, as I understand it, the auto
extension(s) statically linked within their code.  If it is actually
the case then I see little point in the function, since the main
program knows which extension(s) it embeds, how to load and could do so
when openning any new database.
At the same time, those who have to rely on shared modules (.dll or .so
or whatever) can't use it and must register each extension for each
attached database.  The worst case is for third-party DB manager: then
it belongs to the users to load every extension needed for every base
they use.

Is this something that can be addressed, either today using a smart
workaround or in some release in the near future, because I find it to
be an utterly irritating inconvenience.