On 27/06/2009 3:36 AM, Kalyani Phadke wrote:
> Is there any way to find the version of SQlite3 database. eg. I have
> test.DB file . I want to know which SQLite3 version its using ..eg 3.5.4
> or 3.6.15?

Short answer: You can't know. What problem do you face that makes you
want to know? If the problem is "I need to know the earliest version of
SQLite3 that can be used to access test.db"

Long answer:

Assuming the database has been created/updated by version X of the
library and you attempt to open the database with version Y of the library:

if Y < X
and X used some new feature that Y doesn't know about:
    Y won't access the database

Q: How does Y know what X did?
A: X records the most recent feature-set that it used in bytes 44..47 of
the database header; see
http://www.sqlite.org/fileformat.html#database_header

 From the number you find there (should be one of 1, 2, 3, 4) you can
infer some but not much information about what versions have been
updating the database. Note: either of those two versions that you
mention could have been updating the database, but if neither used any
new features, the magic number would be 1 on both cases. The magic
number ("Schema layer file-format") is in effect a file-format version
number. This may well be what you need -- there seems to be no way of
getting this number short of opening the database as a file however you
can and digging it out.

HTH,
John