Bombarded by Talend ads?

As Lawrence says, Talend Open Studio is an option. It can do the job easily
and less expensive than proprietary solutions that cost a lot of money.

Some companies have budget problems and are having to reduce their cost of
operation.

You can have a look at the open source called Talend Open Studio: it is
user-friendly but also has advanced features intended for technical users
(java debugger, code injection…). It can perform data migration and ETL as
you wrote in your first post.

The website is
http://www.talend.com/solutions-data-integration/data-migration.php to
download the open source program. They have a forum and documentation you
can read. Tell us what you think about the software.

For an ETL benchmark:
http://blogs.sun.com/aja/entry/talend_s_new_data_processing