Zachary Turner <divisorthe...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Speaking of extending the file, if I know in advance that my database
> is ultimately going to end up being very large, is there any way for
> me to extend the file up front?  Or to specify the increment in which
> sqlite will extend the file when it needs to, rather than just having
> it extend the file by the exact amount needed to satisfy a commit?  It
> seems like this might result in some performance improvements for very
> large databases.

Well, you could try creating a table with a single blob field, inserting
a record with a large zeroblob(), then dropping the table. Presumably,
all the pages previously occupied by the blob will be added to free
list, and reused for future allocations. I haven't tried that myself
though.

Igor Tandetnik