Ram G wrote:
> Hi
> I have modified (credit goes to System.Data.SQLite) SQlite library to
> encrypt the database. File is encrypted and data insert/update/retrieval
> works fine.
>
> The question I have is, how secure is the encrypted database. Please correct
> me if I am wrong, SQLite reads the file and stores some of the data pages in
> memory. In the case of an encrypted database, the data cached in memory
> pages is encrypted or clear text?

As others have indicated, your question implies that the potential
hacker has direct access to the machine and enough understanding of
computer operations to be able to read in process memory.

As far as protecting data in such a scenario, I believe the technical
phrase is "you are royally screwed".  By definition, it is impossible,
unless the data is unreadable to ANY consumer, including your own
application.

John