Cory, There was no attempt at optimization in this initial port.  SQLite does
a lot of char/byte/string manipulation as well as and passing parameters by
address in the middle of an array.  But I ended up having to do a lot of
byte buffer copying.  MY guess is that is where most of the time is spent.

Regards,

Noah

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 4:21 AM, Kosenko Max<kosenko....@vyzo.com> wrote:

> Seems like I've misunderstood your performance results. And they are
> 3-5times
> slower than original...

This could be for a number of reasons.  For one, it uses p/invoke for
a number of things, which can be pretty slow and is not portable.
Another, it is basically a direct port of the C code -- it is using
goto all over the place, which probably hampers optimization as
opposed to exceptions.

--
Cory Nelson
http://int64.org