I think your problem is that you need to put the value in sDateTemp in quotes.

"WHERE Date < '" & sDateTemp & "'"

or "WHERE Format$(Date, "yyyy-mm-dd") < '"& sDateTemp & "'"

Without the quote, I think sqlite is subtracting the day from the month from
the year, and comparing that number with the Date string.

David