This isn't directly related to SQLite, but rather to how I am converting the
source code into a DLL.  I hope someone here can help me understand what's
happening.

It appears that my previous problem was caused by some problem within the
ancient, unbelievably slow and ugly library we have been using to talk to our
SQLite database.  It appears that that library will not allow any data to be
written into any previously existing table.

So, I wanted to write a little demonstration program that would add data to an
existing table, using nothing but plain ordinary functions from the sqlite
library.  I created a dialog-based application with a button.  When I click the
button, a message box appears.  I added a call to sqlite3_open().  When I start
my application, even before my dialog's constructor or InitiInstance() get
called, I get an error message: "Application failed to initialize properly" and
an error code of 0xc000007b.  When I click OK, I get another saying "Win32
error: Path Not Found".

I checked the other place in our code where we rely on SQLite: an ActiveX
control that displays a graph.  Instead of the graph, I got the blank box with
a red X.  Microsoft's Dependency Walker tool showed me there was a problem with
the sqlite3_v3 DLL I was using.  The DLL's icon was red, and the icon for every
function in the DLL was red.  On our test computer, Dependency Walker shows
sqlite3_v3 DLL as normal, with green icons.  When I copy the DLL from the test
computer onto mine, the ActiveX control behaves normally, but I still get the
0xc000007b error with my demo program.

On the test computer, the bottom pane of Dependency Walker tells me that
sqlite3_v3's subsystem is "Win32 console" and its base is 0x60900000.  But on
my computer, the tool tells me that sqlite3_v3's subsystem is "Win32 GUI" and
its base is 0x10000000.  That looks strange, because of course there's no GUI
used in SQLite.

That looks like a problem, but I don't know what's causing it.  Can anyone
suggest what setting I might have to change to get back to a console subsystem
for my library?

Thanks very much!

RobR