Matt Sergeant wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 10:47:23 -0400, Angus March wrote:
>
>>> Because yes, that's what synchronous=OFF means. It stops SQLite from
>>> issuing fflush calls (effectively).
>>>

>>     Right, and this is implied by the documentation, but I was concerned
>> that the documentation might be playing fast and loose, saying that
>> fflush (or fsync, or fdatasync) won't be called, when it really means
>> that it won't be called during any call to step() or finalize(), while
>> it would be called when the session is closed. I wasn't sure, so I
>> thought I'd ask, because it'll matter to my app.
>>

> Kernels will fflush when a file handle is closed, which will happen
> when you close the database handle.

    Actually, looking at the man pages for fflush just the user-space
buffers are flushed, and not the write-behind buffer in the kernel. If
that's all SQLite does, that's ok.
    So again, if anyone knows that synchronous=OFF means that SQLite
will not *deliberately* flush the kernel's write-behind cache *at any
time* for the *rest of the session*, please let me know.