FWIW, I've been running sqlite3 on Ubuntu 9.04 for a while without
issue for several months.

$ cat /etc/issue.net
Ubuntu 9.04

$ dpkg -l sqlite3
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name                              Version
 Description
+++-=================================-=================================-==================================================================================
ii  sqlite3                           3.6.10-1ubuntu0.2
 A command line interface for SQLite 3

$ sqlite3 test.db
SQLite version 3.6.10
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite>

And there doesn't seem to be anything mentioning segfaults on launchpad:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/sqlite3

My first guess would be to uninstall and then re-install the sqlite3
package, as possibly something got borked during the installation.
Beyond that, I'm not sure.

Good luck and let us know how things go.

Regards,
- Robert

[