Might i humbly suggest you do this....

1. user app writes data in CSV format to a file (each user program has a
defined datafile name and extension to it now if there is more than 1 file
from the same user already in the directory it's extension is made unuiqe -
eg user1.1, user1.2, user2.1 etc).

2. you write another program that polls that directory and if a file is
found the data is processed and that file then deleted BUT it also handles
the reading So if your database "controller" isn't processing a read requst
it is processing write's if there are any to be done.

this way you have a fudged way of allowing writes to be performed regardless
of the backed being tried up with a read operation at the time another user
goes to "post" a change.

all this i also presume (and it's a big one) is that the reads and writes
are not going to take very long (this time frame is the catch - 1sec or 10
milliseconds which is acceptable)?

this would give zero config setup of the DB backend but adds a little more
complexity in code for the programmer to manage.

cheers,

dave (a not so novice DB programmer but novice to SQLite).